Building with integrity since 1921.
Our firm’s future trajectory is guided by our past. When brothers Bob and Pat Henry started their masonry business in 1921, they built the foundation for the Henry Bros. Co. of today, a reputable and trustworthy construction company. The values that formed our early years are as important today as they were 100 years ago: Honesty, integrity, quality, customer satisfaction, excellence, financial strength, and safety. These values are inherent in our collaborations with you, our project stakeholders including owners, architects, engineers, consultants, and trade partners.
While masonry dominated the first decade of their business, the brothers incorporated as a general contractor in 1931. For the next thirty years, they worked almost exclusively for the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Catholic Diocese of Joliet. During this time, they built more than 100 churches. In fact, it’s likely you can’t go more than a mile or two in any residential neighborhood of Chicago without passing a project built by Henry Bros. Co.
In the mid-1960s, George P. Henry and William H. Callaghan assumed ownership and expanded the business to include school districts, municipalities, and other public-sector clients. In 1987, owners George W. Ferrell and William H. Callaghan, Jr. continued to grow the company and established its foothold in Construction Management in 1993.
Focusing on balanced growth and providing service excellence has allowed Henry Bros. Co. to produce extraordinary results, cultivate long-term relationships with clients, and continue a legacy of building with integrity.
"For more than 50 years, Bill and I have worked together to grow our customer base, build successful projects, and, most importantly, maintain Henry Bros.' reputation for delivering the highest quality services and projects for our clients."
– George W. Ferrell, Co-Owner
The early days of Henry Bros. Co.
St. Lukes Church
The brothers incorporate Henry Bros. Co. and begin work as general contractors. For the next three decades, they work almost exclusively constructing churches.
St. Lukes School
Henry Bros. Co. builds St. Lukes School.
Illinois National Guard Midway Armory
Through the 1950s, Henry Bros. Co. acquires more diversified contracts including the Midway National Armory.
Illinois National Guard Midway Armory
The Armory with its facade nearly complete.
Expanding market reach
William H. Callaghan and George P. Henry assume ownership and expand the business to include schools, municipalities, and public-sector clients.
The third generation of ownership begins with William H. Callaghan Jr. and George W. Ferrell.
In 1993, Henry Bros. Co. enters into Construction Management with Lincoln-Way Central High School in New Lenox, IL.
Victory Apostolic Church
Building a church for a new generation; this impressive house of worship with its 128-foot tall, lighted tower is in Matteson, IL.
Henry Bros. Co. celebrates 100 years in the industry and proves that building with integrity stands the test of time.
In March 2022, Henry Bros. Co. mourned the passing of President and Co-Owner George W. Ferrell. George joined Henry Bros. Co. after graduating from Marist High School in 1967. He left in 1970 to proudly serve in the United States Army in Viet Nam. He returned in 1972 and remained here for his entire 55-year career. In 1987, he became business partners with William H. Callaghan Jr. and served as Henry Bros. Co. president until his passing. His devotion and dedication to the staff and to his work are impossible to measure. George will be remembered for many things but most importantly as a dedicated and loving family man, a devout Catholic, a proud Army veteran, and a great friend of the entire Henry Bros. Co. community. He will be forever in our hearts.